Mega Streaming PC Build Thread

Home Forums Discussions Tech & Streaming Mega Streaming PC Build Thread

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of realskeen realskeen 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of realskeen
    realskeen
    Keymaster

Hey guys i’m in the process of building a new PC for Streaming. After some footage I was recording and streaming of a lobby with Madragon ended up messed up, crashed, dropping frames and audio issues I decided it was time to bite the bullet (pause lol) and build a new PC to run and record streams reliably well.

Also especially since Streetfighter V is getting a lobby/spectator mode update this coming week and we should have a tournament where Talon “looses on purpose” then looses forrealz LOLOL!!!

Anyway I will post what Im doing here and feel free to jump in with suggestions and questions!!!

Here are the specs:

CPU: i7 6700k 4C/8T @4.0
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z170-A (DDR4)
    COOLER: Corsair H105  (liquid cooling)
    FANS: COUGAR CF-V12HP (extra silent fans for case and replaced cooler radiator fans)
    RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 (2800mhz) (16GB)
    GRAPHICS CARD:
    ASUS GeForce 960 4GB
    OS DRIVE: SSD –
    Crucial BX100 250GB
    STORAGE: 3
    – 500GB WD Blue Drives RAID 0 (for recording uncompressed footage)
    1 – 500GB
    WD Drive (for steam games)
    POWERSUPPLY:
    Cooler master V750
    CASE:
    Fractal R5
    OPTICAL DRIVE: ASUS
    Sata DVD Burner
    SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe
    CAPTURE CARD: elgato HD60Pro

i7 6700 Processor

Got a fast processor that can be overlocked to 4.8Ggz. I had issued running anything at 60fps before.

Mother board, and liquid CPU cooler mounted in the case.
    The orange fans at the top cool the radiator they are attached to by blowing air out the case. I replaced the stock fans with these which are said to be very quiet and push alot of air. I also had issues with the amount of noise my old PC was making getting picked up by my mic when streaming so I wanted this PC to be quiet.

The case has sound dampening padding around the (inside front and top) to help cut the noise as seen by the pads the bottom of the case int he pic below.

fractal r4 case

The ASUS 960 TI Strix graphics card is mounted in the pic. Probably should have got a 970 but I already had this so i’m reusing it for now. You dont need a super graphics card for streaming anyway. I still need to put in the other cards (sound and capture).

The white trays to the right will hold the extra storage for capture and steam games. The OS drive is actually mounted on the other side of this board in the case (pic below). where most cables are held as well.

fractal R4

This is the other side of the case. the panels on both sides of the case open.  This side has mounts for 2.5 drives. I am using a 250GB solid state drive since its faster as my OS drive. I will not be storing files on it though.
    Cables are routed in this back space to allow for better airflow in the main part of the case. Those wires are from the cases power, usb ports, headphone and mic ports and front fans which blow air inside the case. The wires are routed to the motherboard via the slotted areas.

soundblaster z card

Adding a soundblaster card for super clean podcast and stream audio and dolby surround decoding when I want to push video to my UHDTV also which will be connected to this.

elgato hd60 pro

Also will be using this card now for 1080p capture. Will probably downscale to 720 60fps for the stream though but it will be nice to not have to change resolutions on PS4 all the time. Not sure how I will do ps3 and older HDCP console capture not that I am not using my old avermedia card. I ahve asplitter that should strip hdcp but havent tested it yet. Hope it works.

Thats it for now I will update it when I add a few more things as they come in. (powersupply, dust filters etc…)

Feel free to jump in with suggestions and questions!!!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of realskeen realskeen.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of realskeen realskeen.
    Profile photo of realskeen
    realskeen
    Keymaster

Twitch stream PC

got it completed. Added in the powersupply and hard drives and its all wired up.  3 drives for raid 0, one drive just for steam games.

the soundcard emits a red light.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of realskeen realskeen.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of realskeen realskeen.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password