Football (Soccer) Thread.

Profile photo of realskeen
Arcade and action game lover. Artist formerly known as Brooklyn. Street Fighter bandit. Don't trust his RPG game reviews though. Follow him on Twitch

63 Comments

1. Is the Community Shield a big deal?
    I know its between the winner of the FA Cup winners and the top team of the English Premiership league.
    Is it just a more important friendly game?

2. There was no games last weekend because of the International break, meaning the National teams were playing i.e England, Italy, Spain, for the Euro 2012 Qualifyers.

I don’t see the Community Shield as a big deal really because it’s right at the beginning of the Season, it doesn’t really determine anything. Many of the players are not at full match fitness. Sometimes they can be great games though, for instance the game between United and City at the beginning of this season was really enjoyable, and we won so it made it even better.

Huge game for United this weekend though against Liverpool (Huge Rivalry)

Then Champions League Football mid-week

Then the Derby against City next weekend which I cannot wait for!!!!

Chelsea play Everton tomorrow so that should be a good game also.

3. Yeah the Chelsea game is at a decent time too so I should catch that.

4. Nice 3-1 win by Chelsea.
    3rd in the league not bad.

5. Chelsea vs Genk tomorrow in the Champion’s League

6. Nice 5-0 win.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xC45r7nyqM]Chelsea 5-0 Genk All Goals Highlights HD 10/19/2011 – YouTube[/ame]

7. Watched Liverpool vs Norwich today. Decent game Liverpool missed lots of great chances to win this one. Game ended in a 1-1 draw.

8. It’s Derby Day!!! BIG game today. Manchester United vs Manchester Shitty. Can’t fucking wait!!!!!

9. Chelsea lost 1-0 today 😡
    2 players got red cards in the first half.

Then another 7 got yellow. Not good.

10. So how do people in Manchester decide which team to cheer for ?
    Is it something like the North part cheers for one team and the South side cheers for another. Is it decided by where you live in Manchester.

11. Erm, I think years ago it was more based on where you lived but now I don’t think it really matters. I support United because that’s the team I was brought up to support because my Dad supported United so it’s just stuck. I mean there are certain areas in Manchester where you will a higher number of those particular fans, but like I say it’s more often than not just passed down through the generations.

12. There’s a great article in the NY Times today about my team, Newcastle.

Not entirely accurate, but a great read regardless.

13. Poland vs Italy in an hour.

14. England vs Spain tomorrow.

15. Big Chelsea game Tuesday although they won the first match still very nervous about them playing @ Barcelona.

16. They are going to get twatted at the Nou Camp. Can’t see them going through.

United have the early kick-off tomorrow. Could be 8 points clear by the time City play later that afternoon.
    We play City next week. It’s gonna be a great feeling if we clinch the title at the council house lol. MUFC!!!!

17. FORZA JUVE!!!! Congratulations. Champions League next season baby!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwH_SrPtiD8]Juventus Campione d'Italia. Grazie ragazzi! – YouTube[/ame]

18. Next weekend !
    Chelsea vs Bayern

19. It’s going to be a tough game. Chelsea are missing a lot of players due to suspension including John Terry. They finished 6th in the league which means they have no choice but to win the final next week in order to be playing Champions League football next season.

20. At least one of my teams won the title this year. I’m so happy for Juventus. They have been through a lot. I can’t wait to see them back in the Champion’s League. Del-Piero is a legend. I’ll never forget seeing him win the World Cup in 2006.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbT20bq314s&feature=g-u-u]Campioni d'Italia. La premiazione allo Juventus Stadium – Champions of Italy – YouTube[/ame]

21. Chelsea !!!!!! vs Bayern today .

Chelsea is gonna win.

22. fuck that. if Bayern win on Pens then I win £120, which pays for my Watch The Throne tickets lol.

23. Sorry Scat guess you gotta work to pay for the tickets.
    If Chelsea wins i win 182.00

24. Coppa Italia! Juventus vs Napoli

25. Sweet gonna watch it.

26. Profile photo of realskeen

Started betting a bit on football.
    Small amounts.
    Bet $5 on Chelsea(2.4) win on Thursday won $12
    Bet $5 on Benifica(2.45) win Thursday lost that bet.

Today
    Bet $5 on Barcelona win when they were down 1-0 (3.6) was close on that one Bilbao scored to tied the game in 90th minute.
    Bet $5 on Livepool (2.37) which will get me 11.85 since they are winning 4-0
    Bet $5 on Borussia (1.72) they are winning 1-0 right now.

They matched my deposit of $75 so right now I am betting with bet365 money.

• Profile photo of realskeen

So today won $20.52 while wagering $15. Could of been better if Barcelona didnt mess up.

• Profile photo of realskeen

Fuck taking bets. I learnt my lesson last year. Put a bet on Bayern to win the Champions League by beating Chelsea in the final on penalties. Obviously it went down to penalties and Bayern lost. I could have won £120 which would have paid for my Watch the Throne tickets. That shit had to come out of my own pocket instead :(

• Profile photo of realskeen

Thats why I am making these little bets. If Barcelona won my winnings today would of been 38.52 instead of 20.52 ohh well.

27. Profile photo of realskeen

Only betting on Manchester today to win. Paying x3.5
    $5 will get me $17.50 should they win,

Was going to bet on Chelsea but the payout was low so didnt bother. It was paying something like (1.3) so $5 would get me $6.5.

• Profile photo of realskeen

Damn down 1-0 early hopefully United will try.
      They are already the champs so maybe they wont try at 100%

28. Profile photo of realskeen

Real Madrid is out :)
    But it was close. Glad Borussia made it.
    I just hope Lewandowski doesnt join Manchester United.

• Profile photo of realskeen

Lol he won’t be joining Chelsea if that is what you are thinking. He will probably stay in Germany and go to Bayern.

29. Profile photo of realskeen

Bet $10 on Bayern to win which paid me $42.00 today
    Yesterday lost $5 since I bet it on Borussia.

30. Profile photo of realskeen

Tomorrow decided to bet on
    $10 on Chelsea payout will be $15 if they win
    $5 on Fenerbahce payout will be $45 if they win. Hoping for a upset.

• Profile photo of realskeen

Also bet $5 on Legia Warsaw to win and they did. Which paid out $12.50.
      Lost the Fenerbahce bet.
      Chelsea won, so I won $15.

So today I bet $20 and came out with $27.
      Was really hoping for that Fenerbahce win that was paying a nice

31. Profile photo of realskeen

Already did my Europa League final bet.
    $10.50 on Chelsea @ 2.40 so a Chelsea win will pay me $25.20

Munich will win the Champions League but its @ 1.8 right now. Hoping it goes to over 2.0 so I double my money if I bet. But I wish Borussia would win but I know it wont happen.
    So I might settle with a 1.8 bet on Munich. Probably put down $10 for an $18 win.

32. Profile photo of realskeen

Saturday I’m doing a parlay bet with Manchester City & Arsenal paying 2.45. I bet $5 with a possible return of $12.25

Also placed $5 on Munich to wins its game with Borussia which should be interesting as both teams will be playing for the championship league title later in the month.

• Profile photo of realskeen

Manchester City failed to win so my first bet is lost.
      Need Munich to win paying 2.37 so a possible win of $11.85.

Things didnt go my way
        Bet $15 today came out with $5.56.

• Profile photo of realskeen

Yo your posts in this thread remind me of dude in the silver linings movie lol

• Profile photo of realskeen

Have to watch the movie.

• Profile photo of realskeen

hit me up on facebook because I’m trying to come up!

• Profile photo of realskeen

lol yeah that movie is dope! Robert De Niro is the one Brook is talking about.

33. Profile photo of realskeen

Chelsea @2.75 win.
    I bet $6.19 so a win of $17.02.

• Profile photo of realskeen

Did a Parlay bet with Napoli and Barcelona to win. Bet $5 about to win $8.56. (unless Real Betis scores two quick goals.)

34. Profile photo of realskeen

Gutted to have to wake up to this news this morning. Can’t believe he is actually going to retire. Greatest Manager in the world. Never be forgotten.

So its official.
      Heard a rumor yesterday but nothing was official.
      Also heard Rooney wants to leave Untied. Once again not sure if there is any truth to that.

Yesterday Bets included
      Manchester City win @1.36 Bet $5.25 won $7.16
      Swansea win @4.75 Bet $5 won $23.75

Monday’s bets
      Bulls win @7.25 bet $5 won $36.25. Also locked it a bet when it was paying @19
      Bruins win @3.25 bet $6 won $19.50
      Benefica win @1.16 bet $5 lost that bet
      Stoke-Sunderland to bet tied 0-0 at the half . @2.37 bet $5.59. Lost that bet
      Stoke-Sunderland tie. @1.25. This was already when they were tied. Bet $5 won $6.25

35. Profile photo of realskeen

Todays bets were
    Napoli to win . $5 @1.70 won $8.50
    Juventus to win. $5 @2.10 won 10.50
    Chelsea to win. $6.66 @1.90. Lost that bet.

36. Profile photo of realskeen

Watching the F.A. Cup.
    Go Manchester City.

37. Profile photo of realskeen

Europa Finals tomorrow.
    Chelsea vs Benfica

Go Chelsea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Profile photo of realskeen

Chelsea Europa Champs !!

39. Profile photo of realskeen

No soccer for a while after Saturday.
    Chelsea 3rd place and Europa League Champs.
    Im hoping for a Borussia win in the Champions League Final but I dont really see them beating Munich. Should be a great game either way.

40. Profile photo of realskeen

Borussia !!!!

Really hope Borussia wins tomorrow.

41. Profile photo of realskeen

It begins ……

Go Chelsea!

Alright alright.
        Quite excited for Chelsea vs United on August 26th. Gonna be streaming it on my phone during work.

42. Profile photo of realskeen

Scat how about a 300 point bet for Mondays game.

43. Profile photo of realskeen

Super Cup tomorrow.
    Why the hell could this not be played on a Saturday or Sunday.

44. Profile photo of realskeen

yo Scat how about a 900 point bet on Sundays game?